Thursday, February 11, 2010

shock and relief




UPDATE:
Maggie is fine after spending a couple of days in the "doggie" hospital. The poisons passed through her system w/ no damage! She is at home resting and trying to put on a little weight - she lost some while being in the hospital on fluids. We are so thankful that she's ok and we have her back w/ us. Thank you for all the encouraging thoughts and prayers! ♥

It's 2:19am and I'm numb.

Our 1 year old chocolate lab, Maggie McFly, was poisoned last night with a mixture of anti-freeze and rat poison. I really thought she wasn't going to make it to the Animal ER and was going to die in the car on the way there. Thankfully she made it there and they say, because we responded so quickly, that she should pull through. They have started her on a very expensive antidote treatment to the anti-freeze.



I'm so angry! I'm so sad! I'm so bewildered! I'm, I'm... I'm all kinds of emotions rolled into one. I love this sweet dog so much - so do the kids. Please, oh please let her be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment